To ensure that your rights are protected at work join the Health Workers Union.
For a list of member benefits please click here.
Remember your Union Fees are 100% tax deductible!
Did you know that Trade Unions made the following employment conditions possible?
- Minimum wage
- Five day working week
- All breaks at work, including your lunch and tea breaks
- Maternity, Carer Leave
- Sick leave
- Annual leave entitlements
- Equal Pay for Men and Women
- Social Security, Unemployment Benefits
- Pensions- Old Age and Disability
- Human Rights Act/Title - prohibits employer discrimination
- 7.6 hour work day
- 38 hour work week
- Overtime pay
- Anti-Child labour laws
- Commonwealth Workplace safety standards and regulations
- Occupational Health & Safety Act (Victoria)
- Workers’ Compensation (Work Cover)
- Collective Bargaining rights for employees
- Unfair Dismissal laws
- Right of Entry provisions
- Age Discrimination in Employment
- Whistle-Blower protection laws
- Sexual harassment laws
- Disabilities Act
- Superannuation-Employer contribution
- Privacy rights
- The right to strike